How To Clean Artificial Turf
Synthetic and artificial turf is easy to maintain. With regular cleaning, care and maintenance, you will be able to prolong its life. Here are simple cleaning tips to guide you.
- Make sure to regularly sweep the surface to remove any excess sand underneath.
- Use a plastic rake or brush to keep your fake grass lawn in good shape. You can use a broom to prevent dust and dirt buildup. Leaf blower can be used to easily remove loose surface debris.
- If you want, use fabric softeners to reduce static buildup and assist with maintaining the appearance of the synthetic fibers.
- Synthetic grass won’t grow weeds but if you notice organic matter on top, it can be a source of weed growth if left unattended.
- For any liquid spill, soak it up with a sponge, mop or wipe it with a cloth.
- Heavier stains such as motor oils, cooking oils, grease, shoe polish, lipstick, nail polish, crayons, ballpoint pen ink and sunscreen can be cleaned using mineral spirits.